More Stuff

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Kick the Ball and Drag...Kick the Ball and Drag...



The Coach has always told me that it is very difficult to start too many new things at once because you lose your focus. Of course, I believed myself to be extraordinary so I disagreed with him at the time.


My story goes like this...New personal relationship, New position in real estate, New home all this happening at the same time in my life. We've all been there! I was stressed one day because the new home was great and the new job was making tracks as well. However, the new relationship was dragging. I called my Dad to vent and his response was, "Jod, you can't kick the ball and drag ________(will remain unnamed). You also can not give the attention necessary to see all three new things in your life flourish."




My lesson today is short and sweet...Do not spread yourself too thin because inevitably something will suffer. The difference between a goal and a priority is at the end of the day your completed tasks were YOUR PRIORITIES. Like it or not.




Your action today: make your list of to do's and see what was really important at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment