More Stuff

Friday, June 25, 2010

Do Rules Really Suck?


I have pondered what to share with you over the last few days and it finally came to me this morning. We all have rules to follow in our world. I asked myself and now you, "Do Rules Really Suck?" I say "No" in most instances.

The Coach could not lead a winning team without rules to follow. Every successful business today has a credo or set of principles it follows. Each of our unique Faiths offers us a set of rules to follow to achieve peace.

Are rules meant to be broken? The writers of said rules would say no, but would also probably tell you that there are times when you may have to bend those guidelines. People with strong character know when to stand firm and when to bend.

I struggle today as my young nephew will have consequences for breaking the principle of telling the truth. He knows it is coming and I hope this time will make a positive difference in his young life. I know it is hard to hang tough and be firm when it is easier to ignore or overlook.

It is my humble opinion that we have overlooked too often and our young people are suffering as a result. What kind of character can we expect if we don't lead by example? What kind of human being can we hope to lead the next generation without offering that young mind solid guidance and rules. Until you understand what the rules are and accept them..you do not know when to bend them and why it might be appropriate to do so.

Today's lesson from the Coach's Daughter is...A good set of rules does not have to be bad. Remember the "Golden Rule"?

No comments:

Post a Comment