More Stuff

Monday, November 29, 2010

A Hail Mary Pass To The Universe

For those not interested in football, a hail mary pass is one the quarterback throws long, often times, when in a real pinch in the game. I guess the term could have started at Notre Dame when the team priest said a prayer asking that the pass be recieved and a touch down scored. Catholics don't mind asking for assistance ( I can say this since I was raised in the Catholic Church! LOL).

Now that we've got that bit of trivia out of the way, I want to tell you why I believe throwing those prayers, wishes, thoughts and FEELINGS out to the Universe is so important. I heard a minister many years ago say, "What comes out of your mouth will be." Think about it folks...If everything out of your mouth is doom and gloom; what do you attract? More of the same, I am betting. Do you feel you live an abundant life? This is the question. Not what you think, but what you feel. Deep feelings are a part of your core. A thinking process is just that...you decide to give thought to something. When you feel something, it just happens!

Many of you recognize this theory called the "law of attraction". If you throw your prayers and feelings out to the Universe consistently and with passion..it is amazing the doors that open and the answers given. Gratitude is a key element in the law of attraction. It must given from a sincere place in your heart and without any ulterior motives.

Here is an example of the law of attraction: You really want a new shiny red car and not any car but the ONLY car you've ever wanted! It consumes your thoughts and feelings. You even cut out a picture of it and post it on the bathroom mirror. Before you know it...what is the car you see the most out on the road? That's right, the ONLY shiny red car you've ever wanted. The law of attraction is working. The problem arises when you start to THINK about all the obstacles to getting THAT car.

One could argue that the feelings and focus in this part of your brain is so powerful that the more attention you give to something...the more likely it is to happen as a result of actions taken. I don't know, but I do know the law of attraction works and it requires effort to continue those "Hail Mary" passes to the Universe a lot every day!

A vision board is used by many so that they can see what they feel and want. We are mostly a visual population so pictures often resonate most powerfully. I am working on my vision board as we speak. I want the visual reminder to keep throwing my "passes"! I'm all in as they say at the Texas Hold'em table! How about you?

If this intrigues you, I would encourage you to watch "The Secret" movie or read the book titled the same. The website is also very useful.

I would love to share more about this with you, if you'd like. Feel free to email me with YOUR feelings. I'm throwing it back to you now!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment